Saturday, September 02, 2006

airplanes&broncos

Thursdsay, Aug 31
I did get back to Nampa to the airport and the museum! hurray!! there were some rare aircraft there in the Warhawk Air Museum. Restored flyable WWII fighters.
P-40E Kittyhawk, registration NX94466
P-40N Warhawk, registration NL1195N powered by an Allison V-1710 1200hp supercharged, cruise 343 mph.
P-51C Mustang, manuf. North American Aviation, being restored, bare aluminum, no registration or markings
T-28 Trojan, manuf. North American Aviation powered by a Curtiss Wright R-820
....and lastly a Fokker DR-1 triplane replica, registration N9224C powered by a Warner 145hp, cruise 99mph.

Lots of other private light aircraft there incl. some homebuilts. A very nice experimental RV-4 landed while I was there. I was having lunch on the upper deck of the restaurant overlooking the airport and you could listen to the airport radio chatter on the loudspeaker. It was nice to visit an airport where the public were welcome.

I went by myself after dropping Bonnie off at the Idaho State Historical Society building where they have the Research Library. She wanted to do some more geneology research on her family.

Did not get to a winery...boo hoo!

Dick and a friend of his Jack Rice (originally from Ashton) went to the BSU game in the evening. Both of course were rooting for the Broncos......and they won 45 to 0! Poor Sacramento!
Visited with Jack's wife Deb who is a very interesting smart lady. They live in Bend but another place in Vancouver washington where there son and his wife live.

Kind of a fun day, any day is fun for me if I get to an airport!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home